To be eligible to apply for a Kenyan passport, you must first satisfy the requirements of the Kenyan constitution. The main pre-requisite is to be a Kenyan citizen. Visit this link to replace a lost, mutilated or expired Kenyan passport.
- Visit any of the following immigration offices in Kenya:
- Nairobi – Department of Immigration Headquarters, Nyayo House, Ground floor, North Wing
- Mombasa – Coast Regional Office , Uhuru na Kazi Building,
- Kisumu – Western Regional Office , New Provincial Headquarters
- Eldoret – North Rift Regional Office, Public Works building
- Garissa – North eastern Regional
- Nakuru – Central Rift Regional Office, Rift Valley Provincial Headquarters
- Embu – Central Regional Office, Provincial Headquarters
- KES 4,500 for a 32 page passport
- KES 6,000 for a 48 page passport.
Tips & Warnings
- If you are under 18 years old, you need a consent letter from one of your parents and a copy of their national identity card.
- Do not use a broker or third party, you must present yourself in person to the immigration officers.
- A copy of your national identity card is mandatory with every application.
- It is possible to track your passport application online at the Kenya Department of Immigration Website. You can now also apply for a Kenyan passport online.