Kenya Revenue Authority recently introduced M-Service, a mobile phone based services platform. With M-Service, Kenyans can now pay their taxes via M-pesa or Airtel money. In addition to the payment of tax, there are a number of other services accessible via M-Service as follows:
- Domestic Taxes: Individual PIN Checker, Company PIN Checker, Tax Compliance Certificate Status Checker, Tax Station Enquiry.
- Customs Services: Clearing Agent Status, Manifest Status, Manifest Amendment Status, BL/AWB Status, IDF Status, Entry Status Validation, Direct Assessment Amount Payable, Temporary Car Exportation Status, Simba Entry Amount Payable, F147 Amount Payable, Simba Entry Payment Status, F147 Payment Status
- Traffic Revenue: Logbook Postage Status, Driving License Postage Status, Driving License Classes.
How to Access KRA M-Service
- Dial *572# on your Safaricom or Airtel line.
- Follow the prompts.
Paying Tax with M-Service
- To pay tax, you first need to generate a KRA Payment Reference Number (E-Slip Number) from the applicable system:
- Domestic Taxes – go to iTax
- Customs Services – go to Simba
- Traffic Revenue – Dial the KRA USSD code *572# and selecting the E-Slip Generation self service menu.
Tips and Warnings
- There is a network operator charge of 5/=.
- Watch KRA’s M-Service video below