Safaricom has now made it easier to send cash conveniently to three East African countries.
Send Money to Uganda and Rwanda via Mpesa
- Simply dial *840# from your Safaricom line and follow the prompts.
Send Money to Tanzania via Mpesa
- Go to “Lipa na Mpesa” in your Mpesa menu.
- Select Paybill.
- Enter the Paybill number 255255.
- For account number, enter the recipients Tanzanian mobile number in the format “2557XXXXXXXX”
- Enter the amount to send.
- Enter your PIN and send.
Tips and Warnings
- The recipient will receive money in the local currency i.e. Rwandan Francs in Rwanda, Ugandan shillings in Uganda and Tanzanian shillings in Tanzania.
- You will be notified of how much the recipient will receive via a pop message. Exchange rates are revised daily at midnight.
- There are no charges levied by MTN in Rwanda and Uganda to recieve money. The case is the same for Vodacom Uganda.
- The charges to send money are as follows:
|Transaction Bands||Total (Ksh)|
|Min (Ksh)||Max (Ksh)||Sender charges|