KPLC prepaid meters have become common in many homes and public buildings. The prepaid meters introduced by KPLC allow customers to pay or purchase prepaid power units. You can of purchase tokens from a vendor, in which case you need to have your 11 digit meter number or meter serial number.
After purchase the registered KPLC token vendor is required to provide a 20 digit printed receipt to confirm payment of the tokens.
You can also buy KPLC tokens through your mobile money application, either Safaricom or Mpesa, using the instructions below.
Buy KPLC Tokens via M-Pesa
- Go to M-Pesa Paybill
- Key in the KPLC token prepaid business number 888880
- Key in your 11 digit meter number
- Enter the amount you want to purchase, between 100 and 35,000
- Key in your M-Pesa pin
- Confirm the details before you submit
- An SMS from M-Pesa will be sent to your phone confirming the transaction
- A 20 digit token number will be sent to you via SMS with the number of KPLC token units purchased
Buy KPLC Tokens via Airtel money
- Go to Airtel Money
- Select the Make Payment option and choose Pay Bill
- The choose the KPLC Prepaid option
- Key in the amount you want to purchase
- Check your transaction details
- Key in your Airtel Money pin
- In the reference option, key in the 11 digit meter number
- An SMS from Airtel will be delivered to your phone confirming the transaction
- Another SMS will be sent to your phone with the 20 digit token pin with the number of units purchased
For assistance or queries you can call KPLC through their customer desk numbe at 95551 or Visit KPLC Prepaid Token Information Site here !!