Kenya Police Certificate of Good Conduct for Relocated Foreigners

by | Apr 5, 2016 | Kenya Government, Legal | 0 comments

If you used to reside in Kenya a while ago, have since left the country but find yourself in need of a Kenya Police Certificate of Good Conduct/Kenya Police Clearance Certificate, you don’t need to travel back to Kenya to get one. You can apply for one from your country of residence.

Have your Fingerprints Taken for a Police Certificate

  • Your fingerprints and palm prints must be recorded on a prescribed form at the nearest Police Station in your country of residence.

Make Payment of the Good Conduct Certificate Fee

  • Visit the nearest Kenyan embassy or consulate and pay Kshs 1000 or its equivalent in your country of residence and obtain an official receipt from our foreign mission.
  • Alternatively submit a cheque payable to “Director of Criminal Investigation” at Nairobi, Kenya.
  • Provide a certified copy of your country’s passport with documentary proof that you have ever resided in Kenya for 6 months or more.

The application consisting of original payment receipt or cheque, certified copy of passport, document of proof of residence in Kenya and fingerprints must be forwarded officially with a covering letter from the official fingerprinting agency or Kenyan mission to the Directorate of Criminal Investigation Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.

The postal address for ordinary mail is:

Directorate of Criminal Investigation,

P.O. Box 30036 – 00100 Nairobi,


For courier use:

Directorate of Criminal Investigation,

Kiambu Road,

Opposite Forestry Department Headquarters, Karura,




Directorate of Criminal Investigations

Tips and Warnings

  • Take note the certificate can take up to three months to be issued.

Suggested Reading

How to get a Kenyan work permit

How to become a Kenyan citizen

Share on Whatsapp

error: Content is protected !!