We all want the best life can offer. You want to dive into pizza from Pizza-inn every Tuesday, drink alcohol and smoke during weekends, stay in bed all day and yet be as fit as a fiddle. Too bad being a potato couch puts you at risk of a heart disease or, worse, a heart attack.
Here are several ways of avoiding heart attacks and heart disease:
- Always check your blood pressure. Normal blood pressure reads at 120/80 mm Hg. If it is to high or too low seek medical attention and advice on how to keep your pressure in check.
- Be happy.
- Do not stress yourself. Find time to unwind after work and avoid emotions such as anger. Taking in a lot of pressure puts you at risk of a heart attack .
- Eat healthy. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables and cereals in your diet. Avoid a lot of salt and fried foods.
- Lose weight if you are overweight.
- Make cholesterol your number one enemy. Processed and fast foods such as Chips, potato crisps and processed foods should be avoided. Cholesterol build up in your arteries causes a heart attack since your blood vessels thin from the inside making it harder for the heart to pump blood.
- Quit smoking.