How to apply for a UK Study Visa

by | Aug 17, 2016 | Education, Travel, University | 0 comments

Applying for a visa to study in the UK isn’t as complicated as you may think. You need a visa to study in the UK if you ARE NOT from:

  • The UK
  • The European Union (This may change soon due to Brexit)
  • Iceland
  • Norway
  • Switzerland

Most students need a Tier 4 Visa. If you have another type of visa, you should contact your university.

UK Student Visa Fees

Be aware that you must pay a small fee when you apply for your Visa. You will be told when and how to make the visa payment when you submit your application.

UK Visa Application Instructions

You can make your Tier 4 Visa application online or by post. This depends on which country you apply from. The UK Home Office website has comprehensive information for all countries.

UK Visa Application Interview Questions

You might be asked to attend an interview as part of your Visa application. This is nothing to be worried about. You will be asked some simple questions, mainly to do with:

  • Why you want to study in the UK
  • Why you choose your course

Be prepared for this and think about what you want to say in advance.

UK Student Visa Documents

You must make sure you include all of the relevant documentation with your Visa application. You will need:

  1. Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). When you have met all the financial and academic conditions of your offer, your university will you send you this via email.
  2. A valid Passport
  3. Bank statements which show you have enough money to meet the financial requirements. You can check the amount of money that you need on the UK Home Office Website. You cannot use a company account. Your bank account must be in your name or the name of your parents and the statements no more than one month old. The statements must clearly show the money in your account for at least 28 consecutive days. 
  4. Original copies of your qualifications. The qualifications you have to include will be listed on your CAS. You must provide the original certificates. 
  5. Your English Language qualifications. If you have to include an English language qualification, this will be listed in your CAS. Again, you must provide the original certificate. 
  6. Tuberculosis screening certificate. Nationals of some countries must be tested for Tuberculosis before applying for a UK Visa. You can check if this applies to you on the UK Home Office website where you will also find details of your closest clinic. 

UK Student Visa Tips & Warnings

  • If you have all the required documentation, you can apply for your Visa up to three months before your course starts. 
  • After you can apply it can take a few weeks for you visa to be issued especially at busy times of the year. You should therefore allow plenty of time to get your Visa before the start of the term. 
  • If you any concerns of queries during the application process, please contact your university and the will try and help as best they can. 

Good luck and don’t give up. You are not the first person to do this and you won’t be the last!


UK Home Office

Share on Whatsapp

error: Content is protected !!