It is now possible to apply for a death certificate online. The Civil Registration Department’s Services are now live eCitizen.go.ke, the government’s online services portal.
Death Certificate Requirements
- Original ID Card of the Deceased.
- Burial permit of the Deceased.
Death Certificate Application Instructions
- Visit eCitizen.go.ke.
- Log in or create an account if you don’t have one.
- Scroll down and look for Civil Registration Department. Click the “Get Service Button” as shown in the image below.
- Next, click “Make Application” then select Death Certificate and follow the instructions.
- You will need to know District of death, Burial Permit number (on the burial permit), exact place of death, gender, date of death and the age of the deceased.
- The fee is 100 which is payable via Lipa na Mpesa.
- Submit a copy of your eCitizen invoice to ACK Bishop house for processing to begin.
Tips and Warnings
- The service is currently only available for Nairobi but will be rolled out to other parts of the country soon.