Before you can collect an imported vehicle at the port of Mombasa, you need to pay the import duty. If you are ever in a fix and run out of funds to pay the duty, vehicle import duty financing is available.
How Vehicle Import Duty Financing Works
- Maximum loan of Kshs 2 million
- Repayment period of 30 days with the option to convert the loan to a 12-month loan.
- An interest rate of 5.5% per month.
- 100% financing.
- Disbursed in 24 hours
Requirements for Vehicle Import Duty Financing
- Bill of lading
- Vehicle invoice
- Export certificate
- Inspection certificate
- All other importation documents
- Signed affidavit
- Comprehensive insurance
- National ID (for all directors if a company)
- KRA PIN
- Latest 6 months bank statements
- 2 Colour passport photos (for all directors if a company)
- Personal cheque book
- Business certificate of registration/incorporation (if a company)
Note that the vehicle serves as the security for the loan.
For more information on vehicle import duty finance, please visit the link below and complete the form.