Mpesa is a mobile money transfer service in Kenya that enables users to send and receive money using their phones. With Mpesa, you can withdraw money from your account using a code. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to do just that.
There are two ways, using an ATM or scanning a QR code.
ATM Withdrawal Service
Withdrawing money via M-PESA has never been easier. For registered users, it’s now possible to withdraw funds from your phone at any Bank’s ATM. All you need is a two-step authorization process, starting on your phone.
- With the aid of the USSD shortcode (*334#), My Safaricom App or M-PESA Super App, you’ll be able to select Withdraw from ATM and enter your M-PESA PIN.
- Once that is done, an SMS notification containing a unique six-digit code will be sent to you, which will expire after 10 minutes.
To complete the transaction at the ATM:
- Select the M-PESA button and language
- Enter the 6-digit code, your Safaricom mobile number, and the amount you want to withdraw.
- Your cash will be dispensed out with a receipt issued by the ATM.
QR Code Withdrawal Service
You can also similarly withdraw funds from your M-PESA account using a QR code. To do this:
- Open your Mpesa App.
- Select Withdraw.
- Select scan QR code.
- Scan the code and wait for a prompt on your phone.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Enter your PIN and submit.