If you own an Airtel line, you can still receive a Mpesa mobile money payment. An Airtel number is treated in the same manner as an unregistered Safaricom number. The person sending the money will follow the usual steps and receive a notification that the number is unregistered before they send the payment.
Once payment is sent, the sender will receive a confirmation message. The Airtel number will also receive a message from M-pesa containing a 4-digit code which they will use to withdraw money from an M-pesa agent.
How to Withdraw M-Pesa Agent
- Find an M-pesa agent.
- Confirm the agent has sufficient funds for your transaction.
- Present the SMS containing the M-pesa voucher number (notification confirming cash receipt).
- Give your Airtel phone number
- Show original ID.
- The agent will enter the ‘one time code’ that is displayed on the customer’s SMS notification.
- Both the agent and the customer will receive an SMS confirming the transaction.
- The agent will give you your money and request you to sign the Logbook, which is a record of M-pesa transactions done in that store.
Share on WhatsappShare on Whatsapp